I can’t believe it’s April and Weekend 1 of Coachella is TODAY! And I will be going to Weekend 2 with my best friends! This will be my second year of going to Coachella and I am beyond excited to have this experience with my friends again. Coachella is literally a whole process… Finding a hotel (because personally I just could not imagine camping in 90 degree weather…. Kill me), finding outfits (because whether we want to admit it or not, it’s like a damn fashion show over there, one trend fail and that’s basically social suicide. Okay… It’s not that serious but you still want to look your absolute best and show off what yo momma gave ya!), coordinating who’s playing with each stage (that can get a little tricky but it’s always great to plan it out in advance), and you can’t forget to make sure you have all your festi essentials/must-haves to stay prepared throughout the whole weekend.
Here are a few of my MUST HAVES for festivals!
- Sunscreen is a MUST! I’m super fair skinned and the temperatures will get high. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so buy the sunscreen!
- Hand Sanitizer… Do I even need to go further into detail about this. Just buy one, you’ll thank me later!
- Band-Aids!!! Bring lots of them… You might need them because of those new cute shoes you bought and didn’t bother to break in or if someone steps on your toes while dancing in a raging mosh pit because you had to wear your open toed sandals that went with your crochet skirt!
- Jackets/ Cover Ups is a must because even though it’s a scorcher out there, it does get super chilly at night with the desert breeze. Honestly any jacket will do whether it’s denim, leather, transparent, suede, even fur…. Okay maybe fur isn’t the best idea but it’s Coachella, and Anything can happen! Bring the jacket and tie it around your waist, wear it, or tie to your backpack.
- CARMEXXXXX. Anyone who knows me, knows I can’t live without my carmex. Any lip care will work but bring some because it does get dry and you don’t want to be miserable mid-day wishing you would brought chap stick or some type of lip care.
- Evian Spray bottle! Yes be extra, be very extra! Like I said IT’S GOING TO BE HOT AS HELL, bring a carry-on size bottle to help moisture your skin with that natural mineral spray.
- Hats! They are life savers and trendy at Coachella. Bring a hat not only to make a fashion statement but to cover your face and shoulders from sunburns, bird poop, sweaty people who might tower over you, etc. just bring it! You will thank me later!
- Bandanas are personally my favorite because you can wear them on your head/ neck/ wrist as an accessory, wipe off sweat, or use it as wind shield (incase of a wind storm, you never know). It’s always best to keep one handy at all times!
- Two words PORTABLECHARGERS…. It’s a must people. If you don’t have one, you need to get one. You will be taking pictures, using the Coachella app, Snapchat, Insta, ect. Your phone will NOT last a whole day without one.
- Lastly, a backpack to put all your must have items in. Why a backpack and not a purse… Well, You don’t have to worry about them falling off our shoulder when you’re dancing or when you are running to your next set. With a backpack you know its secure on your back… you can run, dance, jump, crawl, do a flip and you won’t lose that thing! They can also add little something extra to your outfit…. and make sure it’s closed and secure! Even wear it in the front in a very crowded enviorment!
Unfortunately there will be pickpocketers! They arn’t unusual in concerts and festivals so be aware of your surroundings and make sure your wallet is in the bottom of your bag, not in the outside poker. Same with your cell phone! Never put it in your back pocket!!! They will take it without you even noticing.
Hope this was helpful! And I hope you all have so much fun! Remember to locate the bathrooms, First -aids stands and exits ahead of time. Better to be safe than sorry! Have an amazing time!!!