Hi Babes! Valentines is right around the corner and you know what that means…
Love is in the air!
Valentine’s day is one my favorite holidays, I love it because first of all… I love pink, flowers, chocolates, and hearts! but most of all because I am a hopeless romantic and let’s face it, for us girls (and I don’t mean to sound sexes) Valentines is as meaningful as Super Bowl Sunday is for the guys.
You don’t have a date? No stress! To celebrate Valentines you don’t really need to have a significant other. There is nothing wrong with spending Valentine’s day with your best gal friends hence the word GALentines 😉 So plan ahead, gather your singles friends and make it a date. Here are a couple of ideas that will have you either falling in love all over again, or having a blast with your friends!
I’ve got some fun Valentine’s things to do in Los Angeles whether you are attached to a sweetie, single, or ready to mingle!
Let’s start with couple’s ideas for a fun dates…
- “Toast to Ghost” Valentine’s Day night at Clay on first! Where you can try your best Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze impression. “Toast the Ghost” is the perfect combination of romance and creativity. Honestly who wouldn’t have a great time recreating the love scene from the classic 1990 film, Ghost!
When: Feb 11, 12, & 14, 2017 Fri- Sat 5:30-7:30 pm, Sun 3:00-5:00 pm, 5:30-7:30 pm, Tue 5:30-7:30 & 8:00- 10:00 pm
Where: Clay on First, 406 E. 1 St. Street, Unit B. Long Beach, CA 90802
Cost: $125 per couple, Includes alcohol and snacks
Parking Metered Parking until 6 pm, free after 6
Age limit: 21+
Info: clayonfirst.com/valentines-day, (562) 495-4362
- Disneyland is always a great idea. Many people think it’s just for kids but I think the complete opposite! Let’s bring out the kid in you!
Here is a list of cutie things you can do to insure you will have a magical time!
- Make out in the Haunted Mansion!
- Photo op in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle!
- Another make out spot… Pirates of the Caribbean! Try And get the last row 😉
- After the riding Priate’s of The Caribbean make reservations at one of the most romantic restaurants in all of the land, Blue Bayou Restaurant! It’s seriously the cutest restaurant with dim lighting, and not to mention perfect for a lunch or dinner date. Be sure to make reservations, they book up quick! ($35.00- $59.99 per person, Annual Disney Passholder discounts available )
- Take a magical flight over viewing London with Peter Pan’s Flight in Fantasyland!
- Visit Snow White’s wishing well for a romantic photo with your lover and don’t forget to make a wish!
- Go on a moonlit cruise in the Jungle Cruise after dark. A little adventure never hurt nobody!
- Last but not least…The best spot to watch the fireworks are inside the teacups at the Mad Tea Party. Watch the sky light up with your babe while listening to all your favorite Disney songs! It will definitely be a night to remember…
- Spend your Valentine’s Day at the Electric Dusk Drive in! They will be screening a trio of romantic movies… The Notebook, Crazy, Stupid, Love, and Casablanca.
When: Feb 11, 2017 The Notebook, Feb 18, 2017 Crazy, Stupid, Love, Feb 25, 2017 Casablanca
Where: 2930 Fletcher Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90065
- If you’re not into that sweet and sappy stuff go support the Lakers against the Sacramento Kings! How can you go wrong with a some popcorn and a couple brews!
Where: Staple Center
When: Feb 14, 2017 @ 7:30
- Since Valentine’s Day does fall on a Tuesday, why not step out of the box and do something different? Cook a meal at home!!! Surprise your lover by taking a cooking class to recreate their favorite dish or order Blue Apron and make it a date. I promise this will be a lot fun! This is the perfect date idea whether you are just starting to get to know each other or if you have been together for a long time. At the end of the day it’s the little things that matter!
Now some fun things to do for all my single hotties… I didn’t forget about you!
To all my Carrie Bradshaw single ones, you don’t get to be penalized because you are single so just because you don’t have a significant other to celebrate Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to be bitter, at home all alone or curled up on the couch watching anti-love movies. Go out, have fun and meet people!
- Mortified Doomed Valentine’s Show. Go listen to other people stories of past Valentine’s Day gone wrong. Who knows… after listening to those stories you might realize things could be a lot worse! or maybe you will be surprised and meet someone great! (All ages welcomed)
When: Feb 11, 2017 6:30 pm & 9:00 pm
Where: Wanderlust Hollywood
1357 N. Highland Ave.
- Run around in your undies at the annual Valentine’s Day themed run! Everyone will meet up by noon at the Victorian and the run kicks off at 2 pm. Get out of your comfort zone! This is a fundraiser for the Children’s Tumor Foundation, what better reason to run around in your underwear!!! Email me pictures of your costumes, I would love to see how creative you all get!
When: Feb 11, 2017 @ 12:00pm
Where: The Victorian
2640 Main St.
Santa Monica, CA
Price: $30- $55
- Paint and Sip at home!
What you will need…
- A canvas for each person
- Anti- Valentine’s Day music
- An Image you will want to paint
- Good friends
Put those all together and show off your painting skills!
- GO TREAT YOURSELF! Do something that you’ve been wanting to do but never did! Today is the day… And you don’t have to do it alone!
- Get a Massage!
- Get your nails done!
- Buy yourself those pair of shoes you’ve been wanting!
- Go to a Spa and pamper yourself from head to toe!
- Go to that restaurant you’ve been dying to try!
- Or you could just do a pub crawl… Grab all your single pals and paint the town red!
Remember Valentine’s Day will be exactly how you want it to be, it is your choice! so, what ever you decide to do, celebrate that you are loved and spread the love around!