Hiii Everyone! So for all of you that don’t know, Fashion Week has been going on! To be honest, it was amazing! I feel like it just keeps getting better and better every season! I mean the designers really went above and beyond but, not only did the designer kill the runaway this year, the people who attended the fashion shows absolutely rocked the sidewalks during Fashion Week! But, Since Spring 2017 is coming up I wanted to recap with you a few of my favorite Street-Styles moments and trends from NYFW Spring 2017! Maybe give you a few ideas for this upcoming season(:
- My first look, I’m completely obsessed with is the “FREE THE NIPPLE” look. I’m totally for expressing yourself and this 100% screams of protest against anyone and everyone who thinks this is completely inappropriate. But, don’t worry I have an alternative for all of us mortals that can’t show up to work in a sheer top, all you have to do is use a bralette! Nowadays you’ll see women wearing a bra or bralette paired with a pair of high-waist pants or skirt and looks totally fabulous! If a bra is too risque for you, you can always add a T-shirt underneath or pair the bra with an over-sized coat. You will still look super trendy!
- Apparently sheer is one of the major trends for Spring, Summer, and Winter of 2017! It’s kind of ironic to wear more clothes that cover less for winter… And we ask ourselves, “why are we falling for it?” Because deep down we all have that carefree, and frisky side. So why not! sometimes we just need to stick to what we really want to do! Personally, I think this can work for any time of the year! So if you can rock it then you go glen coco!
- Another trend I love is adding a T-shirt to your look to give it some edge but still look the part. Yes… a T-Shirt! It can be a simple, basic, with or without a print. If you have seen Gucci Spring Summer 2017, you will know exactly what I am talking about. I know it might seem a little crazy to wear a T-shirt to a formal event but with the right pieces (like that leopard print skirt or red pleather pants, obsessed) and the right accessories, you’ll be looking cool and sophisticated without a doubt! Who doesn’t remember Sharon Stone iconic outfit for the 1996 Oscar when she showed up wearing a Gap turtleneck!
- The PJ’s trend has been going on for a long time now and I’m low-key obsessed. To be honest, Who wouldn’t want strut around NYFW or anywhere, wrapped in a silky cloud? Why limit your comfort to the privacy of your bedroom…. BORING! I love that you can combine this must-have look in so many ways.
- Lastly, Here are a few of my favorite looks from my FAVVV fashion influencers such as Caroline Vreeland, Chiara Ferragni, Shea Marie, and Miroslava Duma!